The deadline for submitting Letters of Inquiry was March 10.
At RMHF, we recognize and honor the critical role the nonprofit sector plays in working to foster an equitable and healthy Richmond Region, and we know that leaders need time to consider strategic questions that will help keep organizations vital, relevant, and focused on what matters. For its spring 2017 grantmaking cycle, RMHF will provide funding that will give nonprofit leaders resources to consider strategic questions that will advance an organization’s mission.
In this vein, RMHF will allocate up to $350,000 in funding for the next grant cycle to support organizations’ thinking, planning and adapting strategically to fulfill their mission. We encourage organizations to think creatively about this opportunity and are open to proposals that include collaboration with partners.
Eligible organizations include those providing and increasing access to health care services for low-wealth/vulnerable populations. For this cycle, RMHF will prioritize organizations working in the oral health or behavioral health fields and those emphasizing new populations, such as immigrants and refugees, who face significant barriers to basic health care. Our guiding principle will be that the applying organization contribute directly to fostering a more equitable and healthy region.
Grants will range from $5,000 to $25,000 for one year, depending on the scale, scope and potential impact of the work.
- Organization must provide services in RMHF's funding area (Richmond City and the counties of Chesterfield, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, and Powhatan).
- Organization must be registered as a 501(c)3.
Application and Review Process and Timeline:
· Funding Opportunity and Application Announced: February 21, 2017
· Letter of Inquiry Due: March 10, 2017
· RMHF Review of Letters of Inquiry: March 13- March 17
· Notification to organizations invited to submit a full application: March 20, 2017. Detailed information regarding an organization’s board and staff demographics as well as the demographics of the population served will be required in the full application.
· Application Deadline: March 31, 2017
· RMHF Review and Meetings with Applicants: April
· Awards Announced: Week of May 8th
Please contact Amy Bradshaw at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Note: We are in the process of updating our website. Much of the material describing our grantmaking priorities in other sections of the website is outdated. Please check back later in the year when our new website launches. All information for the spring 2017 grant cycle can be found on this page.