In this grant cycle, RMHF invites proposals that are mission-aligned with RMHF and work towards increasing access to quality behavioral health care by reducing behavioral health disparities for socioeconomically disadvantaged, marginalized and/or vulnerable populations including (but not limited to) people of color, children, LGBTQ individuals, older adults and immigrants. While social determinants of health such as housing, the built environment, or arts and culture are considered important factors related to behavioral health, they are outside the scope of this open call for proposals.
In response to the recommendations of both cohorts of RMHF’s Equity + Health Fellows, RMHF will commit at least 25 percent of its Behavioral Health Care funding to support policy and advocacy efforts.
RMHF will consider proposals that provide program delivery or projects that develop, enhance, expand and/or continue existing evidence-based practices, while applying cultural competency awareness and incorporating one or more of the following strategies:
- Applying trauma-informed and/or cultural competent evidence-based care
- Developing/enhancing partnerships and/or community engagement that seeks community/school youth participation to reduce behavioral health care disparities
- Focusing on advocacy and policy work to advance behavioral health equity and equal access to behavioral health care
- Focusing on projects/programs with identified goals to reduce behavioral health care disparities at the community level and/or internal organizational level
- Focusing on methods to address identified gaps and barriers to receiving behavioral health services
- Increasing behavioral health care outreach, awareness and education, and prevention
Application and Selection Process Timeline:
|Application and Selection Process Timeline RFP Release||January 7, 2020|
|Application Deadline||April 3, 2020|
|Virtual Site Visits Conducted for Finalists||April 29-May 13, 2020|
|Awards Announced||June 5, 2020|
|Awards Paid||July 2020|